Me in my cat bed, daydreaming... When I was a kitten my Mom bought me a cat bed. She brought it home for me as a surprise and when she showed it to me, I'll admit, I was a little bratty: I refused to go in it and never used it. I thought she was trying to hint to me that I couldn't sleep on the real bed anymore.
So, I went days, weeks, even years turning my back to the cat bed whenever she brought it out and happily trotted to my special pillow where I sleep on at night instead. After about 2 years my Mom gave up on the cat bed. It was then I decided to try it out. Everyday my Mom would leave it out for me during the day to use and then at night she would put it away.
So, one day when she was gone I went up to it and tested it out. It was comfortable! Nice, soft, and the perfect spot to curl up in and sleep! To show my appreciation I made sure to be in it when she came home. She ran to my Auntie and I heard her say "Charcole is using his cat bed!" To which, my Auntie was shocked and together they came to look at me "sleeping" in it.
From then on, I sleep in my cat bed during the day... and happily watch as my Mom tosses it to the side at night- insisting I still sleep on the pillow next to her- just as I wanted.

No comments:
Post a Comment