So, I went back to the vet about 2 weeks ago to get another ultrasound on my heart to check for changes and to everyone's excitement- there were none! No meds... yet! Yay! The guy who did my ultrasound told the vet I was the best cat he worked on- he really liked me- and as he was leaving- and after I was returned to my Mommy- he saw my Mommy petting me in my crate and he couldn't help it and stopped to tell her I was healthy. He was really happy about it because he liked me so much- eyes all glittering cause he had good news.
Then, my Mommy and I got called into one of the checkup rooms where I had my checkup. The vet- Dr.Hogan- kept praising me- saying I was so sweet and handsome. Everyone was doting all over me. Under her breath I heard my Mommy say, "He takes after his Dad- Elvis Preseley."
The only thing is...well, it is hard for me to write this because it is something I have struggled with since kittenhood- and I'm a little self-concious. Ok, well, now I weigh 11.9 pounds! I mean, I am big boned! But, Dr. Hogan said I need to go on their "Jenny Craig" program. I have to go back in month to get weighed again. After hearing that I just wanted to get out of there and stuff my mouth full of Salmon.
Whats worse is right at that moment, a toy pig feel out of my crate. There I sat with the vet saying I need to get down to 10 pounds with a toy pig starring straight up at her, and my Mommy looking down at me all concerned. My Auntie put the toy pig in there for me... at home I've acquired the nick-name "the little piggy" because I like to eat a lot.
I should have felt ashamed or embaressed but all I felt was hungry.
Sigh. Ok, I am tir
ed- gonna take a cat nap!

No comments:
Post a Comment