(Part 1 of 3- scroll up for parts 2&3)
Today- 9 years ago- is the day I first meet my Mom! I can't believe it was 9 years ago, I also can't believe there was a time with out my Mom!
My Mom was sleeping over my Auntie Tasha, Uncle Paul and Cousin Nick's condo that night and my Auntie Tasha asked my Mom to get some hot curlers from the car. So my Mom went out to the car which was parked across from the condo. As she was bringing them back to their place, I was walking by. She didn't see me and as she tried to walk up the path to the front door our paths crossed. I ran into a near by daisy bush and this caught her attention. She felt bad for scaring me and knelt down to let me smell her hand. Timidly, I did and she gently pet my head. I instantly trusted her and came out of the bush. My Mom started walking to the door and I ran ahead while making sure she was following me. She laughed and as she opened the front door I tried to go in too. I didn't know I couldn't go in, so I meowed up at her when she shut the door again. My Mom looked down at me and smiled. She then shoved the hot curlers in the front door and shut the door again, staying outside with me.
I smiled to myself and my Mom sat on the ground in front of the door- on the front door step- and I sat in front of her while she pet me. I was so happy. I felt as if I was with who I born to be with- my real Mom. I watched as my Auntie Tasha peeked through the window at us and as my Uncle Paul came out to see what was going on. Soon it was dark outside and I curled up in my Moms lap, and she continued to pet me. Sure enough a few other stray cats came over and watched from a distance at us, but I didn't care. I was so happy.
I feel asleep and my Mom continued to pet me until my Auntie Tasha cracked the front door open and told her my Cousin Nick wanted her and that it was time to come inside- it was past midnight! My Mom looked down at me and pet me one last time and got up. As she opened the front door to go in, I tried to follow her, but she blocked me. I looked up at her and her eyes looked so sad because she had to leave me out. My heart dropped. Maybe I was wrong- maybe this wasn't my real Mom. But, something inside told me she was. I knew she was, I knew it. So, I sat at the front door. I would wait for her to come back out so she could be with me. After a short while I saw my Mom peek at me through the window. She looked so happy when she saw me, and of course I was too. I meowed, but still she couldn't let me in. Time moved on and every now and then my Mom peeked out at me. By three in the morning I curled in a ball and feel asleep by the door. My Mom peeked out at me one last time before morning.
I had a hard time sleeping that night knowing my Mom was so close, but still so far. Soon the sun rose and the front door opened! I dashed in before anyone could shut me out- it was my Uncle Paul! He was getting ready for work, but he let me stay in and sit on the couch with him while he ate his breakfast and watched some TV. I looked around and didn't see my Mom, but I knew she was in here. Before I knew it, my Uncle Paul got up and walked to the door- he had to leave. He said I needed to get out too, so I had to leave too. I stayed by the door while Uncle Paul left. Soon my Mom peeked through the window- she was up! She snuck out real fast and gave me a quick pet before going back in. I was so happy to see her. From inside I could smell food cooking, and one of my Auntie Tasha's neighbors called all the stray cats. Sometimes he would feed us. So, I ran to get some breakfast before all the other cats would eat it all. When I was done eating I ran back to my Aunties door and much to my dismay, in the distance I could see my Auntie Tasha, cousin Nick and Mom getting into the car.
My Mom was looking around, I could see she was sad. I tried to run up to her but couldn't run fast enough and as Auntie Tasha started the car I knew I couldn't make it so I sat by the daisy bush where I first meet my Mom and watched. My Mom saw me through the window and waved to me before they drove off...
P.S. Happy Birthday Uncle Peter!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment