(Part 2 of 3- scroll down for part 1 and up for part 3)
(I didn't realize, but the day I actually meet my Mom was the 15th, not the 14th.)
So after my Mom left, I sat frozen in place-unable to move. I couldn't believe she was gone. I was stunned that my Mom was out of my life. Suddenly everything began to rush at me all at once- what if she never came back, what if she didn't love me, what if she didn't know that she really was my Mom, what if she didn't feel the special connection that I felt? The morning sunlight filtered down, but everything I saw seemed dark. I slowly walked to my Auntie Tasha's door and laid down in front of it. I stayed there all day- not even getting up when I heard the neighbor calling us strays for dinner. Suddenly I heard my Auntie Tasha and cousin Nick coming home. I sat up and waited to see if my Mom was with them.
My heart skipped a beat as they approached and then a wave of disappointment spread throughout me as they approached. She wasn't with them. Auntie Tasha saw me and told me to go, so I ran back to the daisy bush and laid down and I watched as other families came home. As the sun set, my heart feel to my stomach... I was alone, my Mom wasn't coming back for me.
The next morning I watched my Uncle Paul, Auntie Tasha and Cousin Nick leave and spent my day circling the condo complex endlessly. Suddenly my Uncle Paul came back in the afternoon. I watched him as he walked up to his front door and quietly ran after him. As soon as he opened the front door I ran in after him. Surprisingly, he let me stay. Uncle Paul watched TV and let me sit on the couch with him. After awhile I looked around for my Mom, but sadly she was not there, so I went back on the couch with Uncle Paul.
After awhile my Auntie Tasha came home with my cousin Nick, and I had to go back outside. I ran out and looked at the daisy bush where I meet my Mom. I crawled back into it and laid down. I couldn't believe my Mom didn't come back for me. Inside I felt an ache I never felt before, an emptiness I couldn't fill. I loved my Mom so defiantly, felt so connected to her, that now that she was gone, the pain was much stronger than I ever expected…
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment