(Part 3 0f 3- scroll down for parts 1&2)
On the night of the 17th (August of 2000) I quietly meowed myself to sleep- curled up in a ball in the daisy bush. The next morning some of the other stray cats came up to me. I didn't want to see them. I didn't want to admit I was just like them- a stray cat with no one to love or to love me. It was hard enough to meet my Mom, and love her and feel loved by her, but now she was gone and I had to admit that I was all alone. I was a stray, but I didn't need the other strays to remind me of it, so I ignored them and walked around by myself, wandering to nowhere in particular, thinking about my Mom and how I felt like we belonged together. I dreamed of a life with her- I didn’t care if it was a hard life or if she couldn’t provide for me- I just wanted my Mom. I had no doubts she was my Mom, but tried to tell myself it was all just a silly dream. Suddenly I thought I heard her calling for me. I stopped walking and listened.
"Here Kitty, here Kitty!" I heard. Wait, was it my Mom? Was I just imagining it? Was I hearing things? But, I knew I recognized my Mom's voice. I listened again. I heard her again-it was her! I knew it was her! I ran out to the street and looked around and then- I saw her! She came back for me! I heard her call out that she found me and I ran to her arms and she swept me up.
I cuddled in her arms and then my other Auntie- Auntie Lindsey came up to us and said hi to me. I was overflowing with love and happiness and together my Mom and I with my Auntie Lindsey walked home. Home! As soon as my Mom got inside she carried me over to meet my Grandma and I meowed as she gently pet my head. She said hello and happily smiled as I rubbed my cheek against her hand.
Then my Mom carried me to meet my Grandpa and he said hello. Everything happened so fast, yet it all felt so natural. I couldn't believe I had a family, I had my Mom and a home! Then my Mom carried me into our room and showed me a bed she made for me and I laid down in it while looking around. I couldn’t believe it- she set everything up for me during the days I thought she forgot about me- I had a bed, a kitty litter box and on the bookcase I saw she bought a book on how to raise a stray cat. I looked up at her- she looked so happy- all the doubts I once had about her forgetting about me, about not feeling the same way instantly disappeared.
I listened as my Mom and Auntie Lindsey talked and I purred as they pet me. They were talking about what to name me, and finally my Auntie Lindsey said “Charcoal”. My Mom looked at me and agreed. But, instead of spelling it “Charcoal” my Mom spelled it “Charcole”. Soon I feel asleep and when I woke up again my Mom and Auntie were there to greet me. My Mom had to go do some chores or something and my Auntie watched me, and together we played a game! It was the first time I really ever played and had real fun! Later my Grandma pet me for a long time and everyone quickly accepted me into the family. I couldn’t believe how lucky I was. I was surrounded by my Mom, my family, my new home and best of all- love. I can never describe the happiness I felt, the blessings I was given and the eternal gratefulness I felt.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
aww mew I love you, I'm so happy you came home with us! It wouldnt be the same without your cute little meow and hanging out at night with us.
Post a Comment