Monday, September 21, 2009

Good Morning!

One of my favorite parts of the day is the morning time. When I wake up, the first thing I do is check if my Mom is awake. If I meow, she'll open her eyes and say hi and go back to bed. Sometimes I get impatient and meow some more to try to wake her up. But, most of the time she tells me, "No" and I have to be quiet and wait for her to wake up. I'll either go back to bed or jump to the cat tree and sit there- or sit in the window and look outside.

As soon as my Mom's eyes open, I jump up and meow excitedly and let her quickly pet her before jumping off the bed and head toward the closet where she keeps my food. I watch as my Mom follows me, while meowing at her to hurry up. I excitedly rubs against her and then stretch along the bookcase, allowing her to pet me before she gets my food.

Then, my Mom will get me my food and she goes to the bathroom to brush her teeth and stuff. When she is done, she'll come back in to check on me. Usually, I have finished my breakfast by then, and I watch as my Mom opens up the window for me, and puts up my window seat. Then, she grabs her coffee cup and I chase after her as she heads out to the kitchen to make some coffee. I sit and watch her and as she waits for her coffee. I'll usually meow at her to let me play out in the enclosed patio. My Mom makes me jump up on the amp (for Grand-paw's guitar that sits by the sliding glass door) and wait while she locks up the patio so I can't get out.

Then, I jump out and smell around and sit in the window where I like to smell the air or watch the birds fly around outside. My Mom checks up on me before she goes back to our room. Sometimes I'll stay out there, but mostly I run after her where I sit and watch her as she uses the computer or I'll sit in my window seat or go back to sleep.

Needless to say, I love the mornings! I always wake up in a great mood and enjoy breakfast and birdwatching before my mid-morning nap!


Here I am sitting in the window before my Mom woke up, and before she opened the window for me.

No comments: